Sunday, September 25, 2011

I too expect something in return

Fathers Day!
Mothers Day!
Grandparents Day!

I wished all of these respective people on days that are entirely dedicated to them. I wished because I consider them a part of my life. I wished them just to make them happy. Even when they weren't near me, a simple phone call or sending across flowers was always my top agenda. Not because I wanted something in return; rather give them a part of me, my own self. And didn't I feel happy. I did.

But every year, Children's Day and, more specifically, Daughters Day is ignored.

Shouldn't the daughters be expecting something in return? If such days are celebrated, then they should be done equally. I do not want any gifts but a considerate blessing would do wonders.

I am super angry right now. I have already goofed up enough today. I do not want to say another word.

Blessings..

10 comments:

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

I am a bit late but Happy Daughters day. Its a price you pay for being here, no one respects children.

chitz said...

Happy daughters day to all the wonderful daughters like "US"..:)

Renu said...

happy daughter's day!..even I am guilty of that...

Sakshi said...

Happy daughter's day! :D

Swati Jain said...

Happy Daughter's Day...:))

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

True, be angry with your Ma and Papa, veeeery angry :P :D


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Chanz said...

@ Sid: you bet.. no body..!! :(

Chanz said...

@ Chitz, Renu, Sakshi and Swati: Thanks for the support guys.. It was much needed..

Chanz said...

@ BA: Oh yes, I am angry.. And angry, I shall remain till I get a present from them.. :D

Appy said...

I really do believe in all these days. And I love celebrating them. In the fast-paced life we live in, I think it is very important we make the special people in our lives feel extra special and a day to celebrate their special-ness is the perfect excuse to downright pamper them. But I do agree with you, I'd love to be spoilt on another day than just my birthday! Well-written!