Thursday, September 2, 2010

The pain that I earned

It felt heavy like a stone,
My head refused to sway.
Stuck in one place, 
I could feel the throbbing within.
I didn't want to move.
There wasn't even a chance.
Sitting there, I tried to open my eyes.
It all looked hazy 
But I saw nothing,
It could have been tears, 
Or maybe even blood
Whatever it was, it had all dried up
If only my hands could reach for water,
Was it an accident,
Or was I drugged and raped,
I just couldn't remember 
But I could taste the blood,
I could feel the pain
My jaws hurt, and in my head 
there was a terrible migraine.
My lips cracked, 
I could feel them dry
Perhaps, I was dehydrated
water was what I needed.
I licked them with my tongue, 
little relief did I get,
Buried inside was a fact
unknown to the world
that this is what I had "earned"
the misery was all mine
and my life, now, adjourned.


I didn't want to write such a post but I did. When the mood is not right, it gets reflected in our thought process. I am not feeling too good. However, this is purely a piece of friction. To the best of my knowledge, it has no resemblance to me or my life or to anybody related to me in any way. I wrote it because I wanted to know what pain could do to others. Now I know..!!

8 comments:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

hmm but isn't it too extreme? The feeling is too dark.

chitz said...

hey chanz..u r tagged..do visit my blog..

Bikramjit said...

dont know what to say.. very sad indeed
but then like you say if you feel that way then thats what one writes.. hope all goes well and you get to be cheerful again All the best

Nipun said...

All I can say is GET WELL SOON..:)

Extremities of feelings..:P

Cheers

Nuts

Sakshi said...

pain, leaves you like there is no tomorrow!

vandy said...

beautifully written

Mehak said...

oh god, this was dark and depressing but nicely written.

supriya said...

its much more painful than anyone deserves...so please don't do it to yourself again!