Friday, September 17, 2010

Its just the beginning


Friday, 8:32 AM

An abrupt ending to a weird dream woke me up. I don't really dream too often but weird proceedings in a dream sometimes leave you shocked. Not that it was a terrifying dream but I dreamed about something which is not going to happen. Atleast not in the near future. A little perplexed that it made me, I tried to get forget about it. Still lying on the bed, I picked up my phone and saw the time. It was already 8:25 and I had to hurry up but I felt too lazy to get up. I connected to the internet on my phone and I checked my mails (I do that every morning and now it has become a routine). 3 spam mails were all I had received. Reluctant I was to get out from the comforts of my bed; I had to force myself out. I was already late for the office. I decided to get ready and ponder about the dream later.

Friday, 9:48 AM

I was all ready to go to the office but the breakfast wasn’t ready yet.  To kill time, I turned on my laptop and logged in. With my gmail account open in one tab and facebook in the other, I sat there waiting for the page to load. I don’t understand why the internet is so slow in India. My brother is USA tells me that there it takes less than one-fourth the time to load a page. Now that’s incredibly fast compared to our lousy connections here. Anyway, we can talk about the pathetically slow speed of the internet later. I have more interesting things to talk about than just this. Well, something happened exactly at the moment I logged on. That very moment I received an email. Obviously I wouldn’t tell you what was there in that email but it did make me smile. And it was a perfect start to a not so perfect morning.

You know, sometimes unexpected things happen at the times you least expect them (yeah least expect them.. err.. didn’t I just say that it was unexpected). I am sure the person who had sent me the mail didn’t even realize that his small gesture would bring that broad a smile on my face. Life is quite unpredictable. At times it makes us cry so much that you wish to end it. And sometimes, it gives us so much happiness that you wish you could live longer. Everybody gets their share of joys and sorrows. Everybody..!! God can never be unkind to any one person nor will he be biased in showering his blessing on us. If you really think that he has been unkind to you, wait for the time when you will be his beloved child. And if he really is unkind to you then perhaps that is his way of correcting your mistakes. Okay, I really think that all this gyaan is not needed at this time. The only point I wanted to make here is that it feels good when ‘pleasant’ unexpected things happen to you. That is when you really understand the importance of those moments in your life. I did because I love surprises..!!

17 comments:

buckingfastard said...

blessed are those who love surprises....!! and u cud let us bloggers kno...we will leave sweet goodmorning notes for u on ur blog every morning...so dat u have a happy morning every day!! :)

Chanz said...

awwwww... BF that is quite thoughtful... I would love that.. :)

Sakshi said...

Amen! All the time, you wait for your life to take that unexpected turn.. all the time :)

Unruly Rebel said...

yeah n now dez getin emails to surprise is soo very nice, it happens, even if its not unexpected, even if you are waitin for a reply and you know its gonna come now or den, still wen you see it , you are equally happy that it came.. :)
wish you loads of happy moments, nice post...



Namit,
My SPacE- Wen i was a boy

Chanz said...

@ Sakshi : Amen :)

Chanz said...

@ Unruly Rebel : Umm.. You are right actually. Sometimes, we forget the moments that made us smile. A human's nature is to forget the happy moments but remember the sad ones. :(

Shalini said...

:)

supriya said...

The most beautiful random scribble ever..!!

Nipun said...

That was beautiful Chanz.
Never forget the moments that made us smile. But we do, sometimes.

And then someone has said,' Expect the unexpected."

Life's like this..

Cheers

Nuts

Renu said...

God is always fair:)...I dont like surprises much, but wish you many more happy surprises!!!

callezee said...

very inspiring..

Chanz said...

@ Shalini : :)

Chanz said...

@ Sups : awww... thats quite a compliment...

Chanz said...

@ Nipun :

Expect the Unexpected... Whoaa... I'll remember that...

Chanz said...

@ Renu : Thank u dear.. I am touched.

Chanz said...

@ calleze : :) Thanks.. and welcome to my blog

Pratik Gupta said...

Now thats what a Bollywood Masala movie is supposed to be...!! :)