Saturday, September 11, 2010

A change much-needed

Those who have been following my blog, regularly, know that I haven’t be the cheerful, bubbly girl of late. Off and on I have been cribbing about my life, how much I hate it and how much I desperately needed a change. Change is good, I think. It really helps you to get over that depressing monotony and replenish our almost-dead-souls. Sometimes you really wish to take a plunge into a bucketful of refreshing water (as in freezing cold) and just come out afresh, put on your roller skates and just rattle on. I mean, doesn’t it sound way too exciting. I wouldn’t mind a change, a wild adventure that is. Not that I am looking for a near-death experience but yes, a little change in the mood is always welcome. Eagerly.

Don’t take me wrong here. I am not cribbing again. I just had a little encounter with fun last night and it did help me get the ball rolling this morning. It was simply a little hoopla which not just made me smile but brought a big grin on my face.  Just a little bounce here and a little leap there, it felt nice to be dancing again, especially when I was two drinks down. It is not that I haven’t partied in a long time. Just a week back there was a small reunion with my college friends and I had a wonderful time. The only difference was that the mood wasn’t right then and some small issues creeping into my mind didn’t really let the alcohol do its bit but it was different yesterday. Maybe my mood of a lighthearted, jovial and a happy-go-lucky soul made me pull through my constant unceasing snarls. I had a lovely time. The fact that I wanted to move on, perhaps, made me enjoy more than I usually do. The best part was that I didn’t know half the people there. I could just be the way I wanted to be. 

Anyhow, it’s a lovely day today. I loved the rain and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive to the office. My fingers, that were on a lookout for a jazzy song, had been rapidly shuffling through the radio stations and stopped every time there was a breath-taking number on the other side (read ear-splitting wild music ). There was absolutely no bickering from anyone and there wasn’t anybody to yell at. Gosh, at times I wonder how life would have been if I had been the only woman on this earth. Just me and myself.

You know what? I must admit, I have started to love spending time in my own company. It just makes me recollect all the loose threads in my life and weave them the way I want them to be. I know, I know. Don’t tell me that you guys think that I love myself a lot. Yes I do and I already know that. After all, main apni favourite hun..!!

 :D

12 comments:

Anjali Gaur said...

oh ho.....Kareena Kapoor.."tum apni favourite ho"...khud ko hi itna taqlif kyun di, hum the na favourite banane ke liye...

Karan said...

Nice read . Honest and true . After all as they say ,if you don't love yourself who else will. "

Sakshi said...

Ahaa! You know, sometimes when you make a concious effort to really hold on to being happy, and to be happy.. things do change for the better!
Glad you are getting back into the groove!

Shalini said...

I agree with Sakshi...silly as it is, it depends on us whether to be happy or sad, its a choice.
Good to know that you are happy again!
Im getting tired of the rain now...its gloomy.

vandy said...

seems like we hv much similarities

well i too hv started liking my own company

nice post btw

Chanz said...

@ Anjali : Well tried... But better luck next time..

Chanz said...

@ karan : Absolutely

Chanz said...

@ Sakshi : :) Feels great to be back too.. :P

Chanz said...

@ Shalini : and I have grown to love the rain even more... :D

Chanz said...

@ Vandy : Thanks.. :)

Mehak said...

glad to read this =)

Shivani said...

You Jerk... kya hua tera vaada wo kasam wo iraada ????

Tune kaha tha hum milenge ...