Thursday, September 9, 2010

Envisage

As a kid, I have had an image in my mind. Over the years my perceptions have changed, and so has that image. But there is only one aspect which hasn't changed and remains intact in that image. No thoughts, no knowledge and no perceptions has ever been able to change it. Though I had entirely forgotten about it, a few days back I was reminded of the image while I was travelling by car. I know, this isn't really a good way to start a post but my heart and soul are completely lost in that image right now that I am not able to get my words right. 

I have always tried to imagine what my life will be like, lets say 10 or maybe 20 years down the line. My mind has had innumerable encounters (sometimes consciously and sometimes unconsciously) with the people who will be a part of my life a few years hence. Though it is entirely an illusion, I am just being optimistic that I would get all that I have been daydreaming about. But, there is one thing that I desire with my purest heart. The place where I am going to live. Sadly, the image is nowhere near the image that I have of Delhi. Not that I don't like Delhi, but it is certainly not the place I would want to spend my entire life in. Okay, its not even that I have any plans of leaving Delhi in the near future (I am so so so in love with this city that the mere thought of leaving it gives me jitters). But I have realized that the image that I have in my mind is not of this lovely city. It is more of a serene place, nothing like what I am living in right now. 

Do those six lane roads on either side in a metropolitan city excite you..?? It doesn't even have half an effect on my adrenaline. Maybe because I have grown up in Delhi and I have always seen these wide roads, it doesn't make my heart skip a beat nor does it makes my heart rush. I want to live in a place which is eerily quiet with no traffic rush. I want to live in a place with four lane roads, two on each side and a huge divider in between which has huge trees planted every 1 meter. The two lanes must have trees on either side in such a way that only see a thin blue strip of the sky is visible amidst the trees. When I look up in the sky, I don't want to see the bright sun glaring at me. All I want to see a clear sky with a color so blue that even the richest blue looks pale in front of it. I want the entire city to look beautiful; without a single depressing sight to look at. 

And flowers. Yes, ofcourse. Imagine an enormous field of yellow tulips stretching up to the horizon. Maybe it'll remind you of Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (the only difference being that there it was a field of yellow mustard instead of tulips). No, I don't want my man to come running towards me singing "tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam". I'd rather sit on a lush green pasture near that band of flowers reading books to my kids. I want to live in a small city with not many inhabitants around. Quiet and yet so lively. I wish to teach my kids how to swim in an open lake. I don't want to spend time and energy (and money too) trying to get a membership in the best club in Delhi. Apart from a few filthy rich friends who believe in nothing but show off, I would have nothing. Yes, I will be able to provide good education to my children. But its not necessary to live in a metropolitan city to do that. I simply want to lead a peaceful life away from all the hustle and bustle of the big cities. 

I am sure a lot of you might think that I am a fool to be dreaming things like this. My image is more like a scene straight from a movie. Some of you might even argue that it doesn't happen anymore. But I know that somewhere it does happen. I know that I may never leave Delhi but I have an extremely sweet image in my mind. Over the years, all I have done is dream. I have always considered life to be a fairy tale. I still believe that a charming prince would come my way and I would elope with him on a horseback. I still think that I am the most beautiful person alive on this earth. I still have a hope that someday my name will make the headlines.   I still expect that when I wake up the next morning, life doesn't give me a single reason to frown. I don't know how much of it would be true. I know that all I doing is building castles in the air. But its just this hope that keeps me going. All I hope is for a better tomorrow. 

4 comments:

@ease said...

imagination can be converted into reality only with hard work..in the right direction. i wish u get all your dreamz fulfilled...

jus remmber one thing.. "If life gives you a lemon, make a lemonade"

;) and once you have learnt the art... u will find ur imagination come true in every aspects.

Chanz said...

@ @ease : m so touched by your comment.. how is that you u always know exactly what I want to hear.. *hugs*

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

okay, this is what I want, for now:

A good sized Manor in the middle of plush green mowed grass, gently sloping down the hillock, the house is on the highest ground and has a attic. No city lights to obscure my gaze of the night sky stars and feel good things like a forest nearby.

Well, Most of the things I have still in my paternal home, but to work I will have to get out of Himachal. Wish I end up in a place like home. :)

And I wish the same for you. :)

The Bald Guy said...

Yeah, well. Erm... Hmmm... Oh. Ok.