Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When you really want to go on...

I am so so so happy today. This is what I call life. I am so in love with it. I don't really mind dancing like a clown today even if it means making a fool out of myself in front of 100 odd people. And the reason for this sudden burst of happiness is none other than the rain itself. Delhi people, did you see it rain today?. Whoaaa..!! I am still drooling over the dance in the rain. I missed it again. *Sigh* But I loved the rain today.

If you have spent this monsoon in Delhi, then you definitely can understand the bounds of my happiness. Just yesterday, I was cursing the monsoons for not bringing enough rain to satisfy my hunger (yeah, you read that right. Hunger). And today, there was more rain than I could have ever imagined. Not this year atleast.

I left from office early today. I was in a mood to pamper myself. Since morning, things were in a pretty bad shape till late afternoon. I wasn't in the best of my mood. There is nothing better than pampering your own self. And guess what, I got a new haircut. Yippiee. Okay, I must tell you the truth. My hair is in a mess now owing to the rain. I got a nice hep cut this time and that stylist had done a fairly good job but the darn guy who parked his car right behind mine and left without a word, spoilt it all. Grrr..!!

But you know what people, I loved the rain. (Told ya, I am still drooling). And I loved the drive back home. I got a little scared with the lightening, u know it was actually pretty scary and the only thing that came to my mind was the cloud burst that happened in Leh sometime back. I have never driven before in a rain like this. Crazy rain, I would call it. More than the rain, it was the storm accompanying it that made the rain look devilish. It was just too strong. I could barely see the cars in front of me. The visibility was not more than 5 meters. The only thing I wished was to stand in the rain and let it flow through. The only thing I wanted was to let go of all my sorrows. The only thing I craved for was to look up at the dark clouds above and say, "Honey, I am stronger than you." And I did nothing of this sort but I still have a big grin on my face. A smile, that would never end. The same one, which now has the guts to say to the world, "Look, I will not let you spoil my mood. And if you really want to give it a try, be prepared to be ignored. Ahaan."

19 comments:

@ease said...

nautanki... m jus too irritated of rains in Mumbai... Rain Rain go away...keep ma friends in Delhi drooling.

Atul said...

... i agree with @ease ... this rain wain is all vain... i like the dry cooler spells... and why on earth it rains hours after i get my car washed?? ... this is redonkulous!!

... oh! drive safely in rains! and to be honest... i am missing the 'thunder & showers' of dilli! :'(

vandy said...

even i'm loving rain in jammu,,,hope it keeps raining

Shalini said...

Delhites sure know what keeps them happy!!!
Even I was dancing today...:D

The Bald Guy said...

Yipppeee!

Punia said...

hav u gone bald after ur new haircut ????

Chanz said...

@ @ease : no way..!! infact, you should invite me to mumbai to enjoy the rain... U know, I have a thing for mumbai rains

Chanz said...

@ Atul : u really didnt have to agree with @ease. He is more of a dilliwala.. He simply doesnt like rains.. and your car story is just too much... Hahaha...

Chanz said...

@ vandy : :) fingers crossed

Chanz said...

@ Shalini : atleast somebody understands ma love for the rain

Chanz said...

@ Baldy : yeahhhhhh...!!

Chanz said...

@ Punia : How did you come to know... Was it in the papers today..!

Maverick said...

da next time it rains....dnt keep dat yearnin to "get out nd get wet" inside u...go out der....feels awesome...been doin all dis season! :)

tc...nd gud to c ur spirits up! :)

Renu said...

and on TV they aere showing only trouble making part of rain in Delhi:)

Mehak said...

brilliant! this is more like it.. im glad you are happy after the bit of a down mood you were in some time back.
why don't u upload a pic of the new hairstyle on fb? :)

Shivani said...

I would agree with ease and atul here.. i'm also not a rain fan either.. I was sleeping when it was raining and lightening.. and felt like abusing my friend who woke me up to go on a drive.. Ahh.. it took whole lotta effort.. Went to CP.. man.. have you seen what they've done to Cp? The roads dug and filled with rain water? I hate it when it rains and the water gets clogged in those pits.

Sakshi said...

I loved the rains too this time. For some wweird reason I felt cleansed and the fear of everything and anything else behind me.. !! :)

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

i so miss the rains in delhi, like it used to pour in our rooms and we used to fill buckets into is as the water in taps used to b dirty...:P

Cheers,
Sid
The greatest web comic of all time

supriya said...

cheers to your happiness sweetie..!!