Sunday, August 15, 2010

Whatever will be, will be

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be,
The future's not ours to see
Que Sera, Sera,
What will be, will be.

The first I heard this song, it was the school choir singing for a play called Que Sera Sera. And this happened to be the first few songs which I learnt to play on the keyboard. It was one of those songs which I used to sing quite casually, jumping from one sofa onto the other. A songs whose words didn't really matter to me. Little did I know that this song will leave a deep mark in my life. No, I am serious. Even after 15 years, it is this song that gets me going. Whenever I feel a little let down by the rest of the world and I have a lot of questions popping up in my head, my life automatically plays this song in the background and I feel so much lighter. Maybe it is life's own way of telling me whatever will be, will be. I had never really thought about it but today, I did realize it when my mind raced back in time. Life truly is amazing.

You know what, life gives us a chance to control the proceedings of our lives, not just in the way we want it to be but in a way that is the best for us.

Have you ever noticed why do the cars have brakes.

Or why is there a red button in all cell phones.

Or why is there an option to ignore the friend request on every social networking site.

Now, you know what I am talking about, don't ya..??

Life gives us all a second chance, we all know that. I have gradually com to realize that life gives us a hint, an indication whenever we are going on the wrong track. And only if you take that hint, do you get a second chance.

Trust me, it holds true in each and every case. With absolutely no exceptions. The sooner you take the hint and come back on the right track, the better it is for you.

PS : Today I finally saw Once Upon A Time In Mumbai and I loved it. I mean, I really really loved it. And if you still haven't seen this movie then you are certainly missing something.

12 comments:

Sakshi said...

Yes you are right- You get your chances to do what really is right. And, I also believe in what SRK says in OSO, about Happy endings-That our life is like a movies, in the end, it does get all right and if it is not alright then, picure abhi baaki hai mere dost!

vandy said...

well said,,,life does give us second chance

supriya said...

What a thought chanz...!! I came to know about this quote a few years ago. Before that even I took the song very casually.
And yes...life does give us second chances...but to use it the right way...thats the real trick..!!

Renu said...

wow..what a post, i am impressed..so much of deep thinking..and you are absolutely right in everything.

Pratik Gupta said...

Bus yahi kahenge dost ki "Dua mein yaad rakhna" :P

Chanz said...

@ Sakshi : absolutely. I agree..

Chanz said...

@ Vandy : :)

Chanz said...

@ supriya : and if a person does nt do tht den he is a fool

Chanz said...

@Renu : wow.. It feels great to get a compliment frm someone so experienced like u.

Chanz said...

@ Pratik : oh i love it, i love it, i love it..

Garry said...

There is a pending post on my blog on this topic...i have been thinking of writing it but...

I like this mechanism of self motivation through xyz...

btw..I LOVED the movie too...every dialogue was worth a whistle ;)

Shalini said...

very nicely put!