Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'll be there for you..

There was a day when I was lonely, 
Weak I had felt, my knees wobbly,
Deceived, I felt, not knowing where to go
Such was my dismay, 
It seemed that life, on my face, gave me a big blow
You extended your hand, 
And you take a step towards me,
You took my hand in yours, and said,
"I promise to be with you, 
You don't have to worry,
You'll find be standing right next to you,
In every situation that seems a bit awry."


There was another day when you were lonely,
Perhaps unable to speak up, you still wouldn't agree
Don't know how you felt,
But being your closest friend, 
I knew you weren't well.
I extended my hand,
And I took a step towards you
You looked odd; little concerned, I said
"I promise to be with you,
And you don't have to worry, 
You'll find me standing right next to you,
In every situation that seems a bit awry."


Just a few days back, it so happened
Unsure of the future, I remained baffled
Friends we shall always remain, I wanted to say
but before I could say anything, 
you put your finger on my lips, 
"Ssshhh", 
"Don't utter a word"
You took a deep breath and you said, 
"I promise to be with you, 
and you don't have to worry, 
You'll find me standing right next to you,
in every situation that seems a bit awry."


And today, it happened again,
Lonely and distraught, difficult to ascertain
But I could sense that there is something bothering you,
I know that you don't wish to talk,
I am not in a hurry, 
Its okay, the stories can wait
But there is something that I wanted to tell you
Maybe you won't listen but I want you to know, 
That I promise to be with you,
and you don't have to worry.
You'll find me standing right next to you,
today, tomorrow and forever even if the situation is not awry. 

8 comments:

Nipun said...

Really touching Chanz...
Dont know what to say coz its just very hard to come out with such emotions.
The flow is just awesome Chanz..
Lovely work..
I was out for a while bt nw m back..:)

See u around.

Cheers

Nuts

Renu said...

Excellent Chanz!..the feelings and flow and expressions..everything!!!

Chanz said...

@ Nipun : Thanks.. :)

Welcome back

Chanz said...

@ Renu : :) Good to see you here after a long time

Sakshi said...

Beautiful girl, perfect poem as an ode to friends and frienships.. !

Chanz said...

@ Sakshi : Thanks a lot... It is defnitely an ode to friendship...

supriya said...

i was flying while reading it :)

Chanz said...

@ sups : me too.. while writing...!!