Monday, August 2, 2010

All's not well that doesn't end well

Its my birthday today and I have every reason to be happy. And for most part of the day I had been happy. But as the evening neared, I wasn't in the best of my moods. I hate to write a sad post on a day that is very special and so close to my heart.

I have always been excited on my birthdays. For me, it has been a day which must stand out from the days that usually go by. Its a day I really look forward to. I mean, its like when my birthday is still a month away, I get all excited and start making plans and keep joking about my gifts, start telling my friends to keep themselves free, dream about the dark chocolate cakes, think about who would call in at midnight and the places I would go to, and you know, things like that.

And trust me, after a month long planning if things don't go the way you had planned, it really hurts. Infact, more than the plan, if the people around you seem less enthusiastic about the whole birthday thing, it doesn't ignite a spark in you either.

There are things which I really want to say but for the first time ever, I am not comfortable about writing it openly, something which I have never bothered about on my blog. I have always been vocal here, irrespective of what people might think and what people might say, I don't know, I don't even feel like telling it to anybody.

You know what, I don't want any gifts if there is no party. There must be a million people who are partying today at this time for absolutely no reason at all. And I have a reason to party but I am sitting at home in front of my laptop writing a post I so do not want to write. Thats not how I wanted my birthday to end.

Seriously guys, I love to party. Party and gifts go hand in hand. A party without gifts seems so dull (no, I am not being mean). Likewise, gifts without party don't excite me too much. I am happy with what I have. I don't want anything else but a celebration when it is time to celebrate.

Actually, I am not really in a mood to write.

I'll just leave you guys here.

PS : I am really sorry. I haven't been able to find time to read your blogs. Not because I loaded with work but because my mind is loaded. Need some time.

15 comments:

Sakshi said...

Happy Birthday Darling...!!! :)

Shalini said...

Happy birthday Chanz...
And so sorry...:(

Maverick said...

belated wishes....!

Anjali Gaur said...

hey sweety...i know you didnt want your bday to end like this but think of people who love u so much and wish that you have a splendid birthday, you have all the reason to be happy..
It sometime happens..when you dont expect u get loads and wen u expect there is none..thats the law, so relax and be happy..and once again Happy Birthday...

Banupriya said...

Happy Birthday Chanz!!! Cheer up lady!! Think about some really happy moments and THere shoud be something waiting for you. I wish you get out of this sad mood and be happy. Come on u rock! Never let ur spirits go down dear. Be cheerful and have a nice day.

sepo said...

happy birthday darling.!
don't let small downs in life affect you...!

Mehak said...

happy bday chanz!! (belated) im sorry to hear your day didn't go too well, but hang in there... it'll all work out!

@ease said...

rotlu roo mat..cheer up.

Punia said...

cheer up

Shilpa Garg said...

Belated birthday wishes!! :)
Felt sorry for your day didn't go as per your expectations.
Take care and have a great time ahead!
Cheers :)

Shivani said...

Aww poor thingy... Happy birthday first of all.. Abe chal aaj party karte hai... noida hi abhi to tu bhi... aaja GIP ;-)

Atul said...

oye! i guess i am not THAT late in saying this... ab kaise kahoon ... ummm... well... janmdin di mubarakaan!! ;-D

buckingfastard said...

happy birthday dear!! well as they say...sometimes u have it good..sometimes u have it bad!! now ur just gonna deal with it!! and hope by now u are done with ur budday blast!!

Pratik Gupta said...

Just a theory of mine : everyday is bday when you are happy....I am sure, soon you will be making up for the day or I guess you would have already did that....
anyways Loads of luck and wishes for year ahead!! :)

supriya said...

@chanz...i totally understand it..thats all i can say..!!

PS-sorry for being late to read this.