Friday, July 23, 2010

The colours of emotions

What was once so vivid, now seems so livid.
Without a trace of colour, uninteresting for others.
What was once an assemblage of coloured glass, a mosaic,
Now looks a dull creation of prosaic,
Ordinary and unglamorous.
Once I wanted it to be all jazzy
But now it remains pallid, so lifeless.
My inclination to show it to the world exists no more.
My life has always been a multifaceted prism,
Every angle produced a different colour every time
And now it has been reduced to a plane glass
A dull lifeless colour goes in and the same comes out.
Nothing extravagant. No razzle-dazzle. Just a plane simple life.
Sometimes, I get afraid and I hide myself under my shell.
For I don't wan't them to see me wrecked and lonely,
I don't want them to know that its not the same anymore.
It was you who made the colours come alive,
It was you who made my life close to a kaleidoscope,
So vibrant and yet so unusual.
Its not the same without you.
I know, it'll take some time for you to return,
And till then, you'll find me living,
On the colours that you had embellished,
In my heart and in my soul.



24 comments:

Anjali Gaur said...

Good Chanz....
A lonely colorful thought...
You are getting better with every post......

@ease said...

Time for someone to come back..??
maazra kya hai bhaai..??

supriya said...

good job girl..!! amazing..!!

The Bald Guy said...

Gosh sistah! You're good.

sepo said...

lovely yaar, such a colourful world..!
i love the pic, it reminds me of gems :)
cadbury gems :P

Chanz said...

@ Anjali : thanks... :)

Chanz said...

@ @ease : lotus lotus everywhere.. :D

Chanz said...

@ supriya : thanks girl.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Baldy : thanks brothah

Chanz said...

@ sepo : hehehe... I loved gems too... :P

Shalini said...

Beautiful!

Nalini Hebbar said...

love does that!...it brings out the colours!

Mehak said...

i especially love the last three lines!
great stuff!

Anonymous Someone said...

dont let the colours fade, its only a momentary strife...
hold on to the vivid memories, for they paint beauty in life.

Nicely done.

Cheers
Blasphemous Aesthete

Sidra Sayeed said...

I've got something to share. Its a little something I wrote on 'being lonely'. You might like it.
Check it out at: http://sidrasayeed.blogspot.com/

Its the second post I made today. I'm new to the world of online scribbling. So the blog also has my first ever post. If you get the time do check out the other stuff as well.

Nipun said...

Life is a rainbow,
Life is salt.
Live it up fully,
Or you will get a somersault..

Hahaha..
Wat it is, wat it is, wat it is...

Cheers

Nuts

vandy said...

beautiful lines

Chanz said...

@ Shalini : :)

Chanz said...

@ Nalini : Yes.. it really does... :)

Chanz said...

@ Mehak : thanks sweety.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Anonymous Someone : you are a poet yourself.. Wow..

welcome to my blog.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Sidra : I did visit you blog..

Thanks for dropping by

keep comin...

Chanz said...

@ Nipun : Wow.. Loved what you wrote... :)

Chanz said...

@ vandy : thanks girl