Thursday, June 17, 2010

The story about my sprain

Guess what, guys..!! I fell down.. Yeah, you read that right. I really did fall down. And I sprained my foot. This mishap took place on Sunday. Sadly, I did not have an internet connection around me so I spent time reading a book. And now I finally have my laptop and an internet connection and here I am writing the post which has been pending since the past three days.

You know, it is quite embarrassing to fall down in a movie theater. It doesn't happen too often but when it does, it makes you go red, not with anger but a feeling that is called "being embarrassed". Anyway. So, on Sunday, I went to watch Sex and the City - 2 and everything was okay till the interval. Well, to tell you the truth, it wasn't. The girl who was sitting next to me carried  an awful B.O. Man, it was quite suffocating. And I don't know what got into her but every few minutes she would raise her arm and an awful smell filled the air. Blame it to be my bad luck, the AC was just too effective that day which made matters even worse.

I somehow managed till the interval and decided to move a little away from that girl and a little closer to the big screen. So, we got up from the seat and moved a little further. Thankfully, there were not many people in the theater and majority of the seats were vacant. So, we managed a nice seat. And then, I got up to get some popcorn and coke and whoaa, I fell down. Perhaps I twisted my ankle and tumbled down the two steps. I mean, I really don't know what happened and how it happened, I realized the fall only when I saw myself on the ground. It was quite a smooth fall. And my friend didn't even notice that I had fallen down. Because, I think she came much later to help me. But a guy who had an amazing voice was much faster. I think he was just behind me when I fell. And with a husky voice, he asked me, "Are you okay". And I nodded. Shit Shit Shit. I did not even look at his face and into his eyes. I should have. A mischievous and flirtatious glance would have done the trick. But thats what I regret. I was so much in pain that I forgot to look him in th eye.

Its no use crying over spilt milk so the chapter about the guy with a husky voice stands closed.

But I have to tell you this. Its quite creepy, though. A day before the fall, I had a premonition that I am going to fall down from the stairs. And when I fell down, the premonition struck me. It freaked me out when I remembered seeing myself falling down from the stairs. I am not sure whether to call it a Déjà vu or a premonition but I chose to call it the latter because I had that fall in my mind even before I actually fell. I mean, It wans't that I felt that I have seen this happening before but it was as if I knew I am going to fall. I hope I am making sense.

I faced another creepy situation. After I got a sprain, I had  to drive back home. It wasn't a very good idea because my feet really made me scream. But thats not creepy. I am coming to that. Well, I reached home and just as I was about to enter the society after parking my car, a scene flashed in front of my eyes. I'll try to explain that scene and trust me it won't be difficult for you guys to imagine.

"A gust of wind is blowing. It carried with itself all the dried leaves and blew them here and there. Far away there is a temple and you could hear the bells ringing and the faint voices of people chanting the prayers. The hero of the movie is limping. He is wounded and is trying to walk as fast as his legs could carry. He has to find some shelter. He does not want to get stuck in the rain. He must get his wound bandaged. And so he is hurriedly walking in the darkness"


Does it sound familiar. Did it remind you of a sequence from any old bollywood movie? It did, I know. Because, the same thoughts were going through my mind. I mean, it was extremely creepy. I felt like the actor who is just about to be shot dead by the villian.

I don't know about you, but I got goosebumps that day. On reaching home, I crawled into bed and wrapped a sheet around myself. And slept.

It was really freaky.

And today, its been 4 days since I got the sprain. A lot has happened in these 4 days about which I will write a separate post which will specially be dedicated to the doctor's diagnosis. Its really crazy to see doctors acting crazier than you could ever imagine. I'll soon come up with a post.

Till then, Ciao..

PS : I am really enjoying my stay at home even though the whole day is spent in bed. The best thing about the sprain is that I don't have to go to the office. Sadly, I plan to make a short visit to the office in the afternoon today.

23 comments:

@ease said...

i feel pity on that guy wid husky voice... how did he manage..?

:P

Chanz said...

@ @ease : lol... I still regret not looking him in the eye.. :D

Somebody is "J"

Punia said...

Pasine ki badbuuuuuuuuuu, vere r d pics of ur sprained legs....????

Shivani said...

What are you eating these days honey? You seem to be hallucinating. Are you in love or something ?

nah.. can't be love.... otherwise you wouldn't drool over that guy with husky voice.. ahem ahem... Filmy shilmy haa..

And man i tell you.. people with body odour are so repelling.. if i were you, i would puke on her. :-)

Get well soon .... make the most of your time home and keep writing...and Reading and of course commenting that you've not been doing of late :-S

The Bald Guy said...

Awwww, poor you. I don't know what is worse, the sprain, the girl with the BO, not having the presence of mind to hit on the guy who helped you or Shivani asking you if you're hallucinating because you're in love.

Take care and get well soon. Yeah, we'd love to hear what the doc said too.

Ok, I'm going to run and hide now or Shivani is going to come and beat me!

Bachao! Bachao! Bachao!

Mehak said...

oh no... girl i know EXACTLY how you feel! i've fallen at a mvi theater twice! the first time, had gone to see kabhi alvida na kehna with a friend and i somehow missed a step and fell all the way down the stairs while exiting. and everyone was staring at me with expressions halfway between concern and amusement. thank god it was dark and nobody saw my red face! lol
and the second time, more recently, i was on a kind of date - had gone to see 3 idiots a second time and in the mid of the movie wanted to go to the ladies room so i went..but it was so dark, i fell really badly on the last few steps and ended up with a fracture! the only saving grace was that thank god that guy hadn't come with me and he didn't see me make a fool of myself!! :P
i never even told him that i fell though.. coz the real PAIN only came later when i had reached home :P
get well soon!!
btw, how was the movie? worth watching?

Atul said...

jeez! that must have been cheeky! 'husky voice' and all... hope u r recovering well...

Nipun said...

Husky Dusky hehehe..
Body odor also..
Gajab ho gaya,.:)
HEHEHEHE..

U need to take care Miss Chanz..
Hope u get well asap and get on the job..:)

Wishes and luck..
GET WELL SOON..:)

Cheers

Nuts

Chandrika Shubham said...

How was the movie? ;-)

Garima said...

OMG!!!! Oh My God...I mean .... OH MYY GAWD..!!! not cos you sprained your leg...but cos there is ONE particular thing that you mentioned ... EXACTLY the way I would have thought...
woah...get well soon...and I sure am going to plan a meeting for us.. :-)

btw...how was the movie?? I watched it too...and I like all movies...

PS. This was a complete post...tragedy, drama, romance, action, thriller etc...all in One :P

Chanz said...

@ Punia : chup be

Chanz said...

@ Shivani : thanks sweety.. I know... have been quite busy if late... havent read any posts... but I am try to catch up.. miss reading them

Chanz said...

TBG : Hahaha... And I can always tell Shivani where to find you...

I am mean...!!

Chanz said...

@ Mehak : I loved the movie.. quite hilarious... I would recommend you to go and watch it..

and i m so sorry to know about your stories.. must have been bad... Shit, I cant imagine myself falling down in front of a date.. thanfully, that friend was a girl...

Chanz said...

@ Atul : i still regret that I didnt turn to look at him..

Chanz said...

@ Nipun : yeah.. husky dusky... and BO too... contrasting effects... Gah..!!

Chanz said...

@ Chandrika : Awesome.. Must watch...

Chanz said...

@ Garima : What was that "one thing".. I too curious to know... :P

Anonymous said...

Blog a tonics are planning a meet.

If you feel interested please visit Blog A Ton page and contact your city Marshal.

A Blog A Tonic.

Karan said...

Well,a true one indeed.True self of ours at times becomes so helpless that you just can't do anything.You just wish that very moment is vaporized in a jiffy.Hope the movie went without hassles.

Pratik Gupta said...

Now that was one heroic-70s style-sprain. You made it sound so fun that I am also wishing to experience.So it was you that day on stairs. That husky voice guy was me only ;)
I am so sorry about the sprain why dont we discuss in over a coffee? :P
I guess I should shut up now. take care mayte!

Chanz said...

@ Karan : after the aprain, yes.. !! :)

Chanz said...

@ pratik : Oh really..?? I am so glad it was you.. Infact I couldnt have been happier...

lets meet.. :)

:D :P thank u for shutting up.. :D