Thursday, June 3, 2010

Out came a thought..

You may find it weird but last night a thought crept into my mind. Before I tell you about the weird yet sensible thought, let me tell you what gave birth to that thought.

It was pitch dark and the only light in the room came from my laptop. I was sitting on my bed playing Farmville. Okay, you don't need to raise your eyebrows at that. I am one of those who is terribly addicted to the game. Would be believe me if I said that I recently joined Farmville only because I wanted to write about it and find out what was there in this game which made people run after it. Only I didn't know that it would cast a spell on me too and make me a victim of its black magic. Gah..!!

Anyway, so I was telling you about that thought. So, while I sat on the bed playing Farmville, I felt the need to go to the loo. Okay, please do not assume that there is a connection between playing Farmville and my kidneys. No, there isn't any. Anybody whose kidneys are bursting could go to the loo, any time. So was the case with me. So now you know that Farmville did not really take me under its black magic.

So, while I kept my laptop down to get up from the bed, my glance fell upon my phone. Casually, I checked the time. It was 5 minutes past midnight. Midnight..!! That rang a bell. The time when the ghosts come out from the graves. And all the scary scenes from the movies created a havoc in my mind. Okay, did I ever tell you that I am damn scared of ghosts. I do not watch horror movies because I imagine myself in that situation. I hallucinate. I feel everything I saw in the movie, is happening to me. My imagination soars. Well, err.. sometimes, it can be bad to have a good imagination.

Lets get back to my midnight madness. So, when I saw the time, I remembered a jingle we used to sing as a kid. It was something like, "12 baj gaye. Raat ko 12 baje bhoot aayega" (It is 12 now. All the ghosts come out at 12). Before I could realise I was repeating it over and over again in my mind. It was like the jingle was  playing in the background while I walked towards the bathroom. With an imagination so wild, I obviously saw a ghost at every place my reflection / shadow fell upon. You know how it is. The moment I was about to step in front of the mirror, I imagined that I would see a scary figure who would pounce upon me. The moment I open the tap, there would be blood instead of water. You know, things like it. Oh, so you think its lame. Well, it is. But I am kinda scared of these things.

Anyway. When I was back on my bed, it was then a thought crept in. I haven't as yet told you about that weird thought, remember..?? So lemme just stop beating around the bush and tell you guys about it. Well.. I am scared of ghost, thats what I know. But the thought that came to my mind was that when I have kids and they ask me if ghosts exist or no, what will I tell them. Do I tell them that there are no ghosts but their dear mommy is scared of them. Or is that my imagination is so wild that it gives birth to the ghosts who live in and around my house. Or do I tell them that ghosts exist. I mean seriously guys. When I lack confidence in this aspect, how can I expect my children to trust my confidence. I, surely, do not want them to inherit this trait. I want my children to be fearless. Not, like me ofcourse.

I know, its years before I would have kids. I have atleast 8-10 years in hand before my kids ask me this question but I don't want to be unprepared. I need to have an answer. And to have an answer, I need to overcome my own fears. I need to build confidence in my own self. A confidence so strong that my kids do not doubt it and can easily rely on it.

31 comments:

Punia said...

even m scared of ghosts,m scared of sum girls too......

Chanz said...

@ Puni : u scared of girls..?? what a joke..!!

@ease said...

one of the most stupid post by lady chanz in recent past.

darling, therz nothing like ghosts in this world so dun worry abt them. But devils do..!!

i hope u understand the difference..!!

anjali said...

hmmm...I remember asking the same question to my parents and they said "yes they do exist, may dont be afraid as they will not be able to harm you as GOD is with you"
I think we can try something on the same line. But i really dont know what to tell them if they ask "who GOD, i cant find him on Google"

Chanz said...

@ @ease : I don't know about ghosts but you are right in saying that devils do exist.. I talk to one everyday and that devil is super cute and super sexy.. and i am not afraid of him.. :D

Chanz said...

@ @ease : I don't know about ghosts but you are right in saying that devils do exist.. I talk to one everyday and that devil is super cute and super sexy.. and i am not afraid of him.. :D

Chanz said...

@ anjali : Lol.. We will have to find an answer to that as well

buckingfastard said...

ohh its completely fine to be scared of ghosts....ur still small yaar...ur just 7-8 yrs old i supppose!!!

well now i wonder how can a 7-8 yr old girl can write stuff soo well!!! i wonder :P

Sania Mahajan said...

U r crazy Chanz!!
Il give a better solution.. Marry a guy who isnt scared of ghosts and let him do the story-telling thing for the kids! ;)

The Bald Guy said...

When it's time, you'll manage amazingly. Trust me.

Atul said...

... by the time u will decide to have kids, ur Doc will have the option to "delete" the word Ghost from the US dictionary that will be loaded in the 'Memory Control Gene'... or better still "switch off" the 'Hallucination Control Gene' completely!... on a more serious note Sania has better solution ... and don't trust TBG :p ... he is The Bald Guy ;)

@ Anjali: u can't find GOD on google?? seriously? i think She deleted her public profile... was on my Gtalk list till recently!...

Shivani said...

Jab ek jawaan ladki raat ko apne bachche hone ke khayal aane lage to uski shaadi karva deni chahiye ;-)

dekh sun yaar.. there's nothing wrong in being scared of ghosts. Trust me I'm also big fattu, I even sleep with the tubelight on.

Everything is an energy. Both negative and positve energy co-exist. Positive in the form of angels and God, negative in the form of Ghosts. Believe in God and be fearless about everything. Believe in ghosts and be scared.

Aur tension naa le... jab bhi darr lage to TBG ko yaad kar le.. darr se marr jayegi :-P

Garima said...

LOL...LOL....LOL...

I find it funny most of the times when I see people getting scared of ghost..and narate my such stories too trying to control my laughter...though when you are in such a situation nothing seems funny :P

I remember my last trip to Lansdowne where me and 3 other friends started of with a discussion about God and ended up discussing ghosts...none of us slept that night and had to play Hanuman Chaalisa on phone :P ...we could only sleep when the sun was out and shining...

Chanz said...

@ BF : I wish I looked like a 7-8 year old kid... Sadly, I look 7-8 yrs elder than my actual age.. :(

Chanz said...

@ Sania : why didnt I ever think abt that...

Chanz said...

@ TBG : i cant believe 'the bald guy' is giving advice... really..!!

Chanz said...

lol @ Atul...

I think Sania is right. I should indeed start looking for a guy who isnt scared of ghosts.. actually i'll add that in my criteria for "top 10 things I want in my future husband"..

TBG is truly THE BALD GUY..

Chanz said...

OMG...OMG...OMG...

girl, u know what I want... koi meri shaadi hi nahi kara raha... :D

Chanz said...

@ Garima : No way... I aint hearing any of your ghost stories...

sepo said...

lol :)

Golden Vulture said...

when you want to fight your own fears .. you become the fear :) haha --from batman ..

Bhoot ban ja tu ;) sab theek ho jayega :D


hahahahaha .. that is called excessive movie disorder :D

The Bald Guy said...

Hehe, thanks Chanz! Hi Atul!

The Bald Guy said...

Ah Shivani! Thanks for the advertising! Much appreciate it.

So now we should look for a nice groom for Chanz.

Hmmm...

Neha said...

ah well! I somehow find scary movies funny :P

if it can help you- like think over certain scenes in horror movies which are practically never possible and then you find them less scary..
#freefyaan :P

did you even understand that? :S

:)

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

watch some of the so called horror shows that come on TV... they r more of comedy than horror... once u have reached that stage of believing they r horror, frame a pic of Rakhi Sawant and hang it on ur wall... whenever the current goes just look at the pic with a torch light pointing towards it... ek din apne aap darr chale jayega...

i hope rakhi doesnt sue me for this... :P

anyways bhoot ka darr jaldi tumse chale jayega... baba tavishanand ka ashirwaad tumhare saath hai balike.... lol

Cheers!
Tavish

Chanz said...

@ Ankit : come on.. i dont watch too many movies... it cannot be that..

Chanz said...

@ TBG : well, ya... bt just to tell you, I have a long list of "qualities" that i want in ma future husband, I think i'll send that list to you..

a word of caution : it is to be taken seriously and it is not meant for individual entertainment.. :D

Chanz said...

@ Neha : samajh aaya ya nahi, woh nahi pata but I like the concept of free gyaan, though

Chanz said...

@ Tavish : main dhanya ho gayi baba...

tavishanand baba ki jai..!!

Atul said...

oh! Chanz!! u can't do that!!! u cannot send that carefully crafted 'long' list of 'qualities' required in Your husband ONLY to TBG!!! ;-) i mean... such a valuable piece of information cannot remain in the confine of the, so called, The Bald Guy! ... this is a matter of grave importance... make it public... trust me! make it public! zillions of guys (dead or alive, bald or otherwise) will bless you! :-p

The Bald Guy said...

Atul ji, I'm not the so called Bald Guy. I am The Bald Guy.

Sure Chanz, send them to me. I'll take them seriously. After all, you are my little sister!