Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life, a game of chess..




Was it by chance or was it my fate,
Our eyes met and we exchanged glances,
Little did I know that it was just the start of a game.
Where both of us were not just players, but puppets too
Our strings were in his hands, the Almighty
If we were the pawns, then he was definitely Bobby Fischer
All his moves were calculated,
Yet they looked different, and promising too.
Dressed like pawns, we traversed the path
Alternating between the blacks and the whites 
The ones that brought in the different shades of grey
Together we moved, together we jumped
Together we laughed, together we cried
The good God himself blessed us,
"Thou shalt love,
Lovers be lost, thy love shalt not besiege."
Happy were they, for they were together
For years we lived as two bodies one soul
Promises were made to remain this way,
But fate indeed brought in the separation
Where lovers become the victim of circumstances
Lost in the maze of doom, we wandered away
Farther and farther, we were carried away
Where our eyes couldn't meet and our hands couldn't reach 
But the good God had himself blessed us,
"Thou shalt love,
Lovers be lost, thy love shalt not besiege."
Even though, the distance separated us
Our love was as fresh as a daisy
Sweet and tender, it remained
Sweet and tender, it will always remain..





I dedicate this one to my dearest friend @ease, who has never made me feel the absence of a lover

30 comments:

Mr Happy said...

gr8 lines .....

The Bald Guy said...

Whoa! You've grown up!

Chanz said...

@ Mr happy : thank u..

Chanz said...

@ TBG : Well, yeah.. That was quite an inspiring comment... I feel grown up already...

@ease said...

wow..! wot a compliment.
and wot an amazing stuff yet again.
How do u manage to write such poetries..?

Chanz said...

@ @ease : I dont just "manage".. It gives me a high when I write something like this..

Punia said...

"who has never made me feel the absence of a lover".....wht a line....LOOVee is in d air

Mehak said...

nice nicee!! :)

Sakshi said...

Beautiful Chanz. Lucky friend of yours... :)

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

wonderful lines my dear...:D where r u???

chitz said...

nice...

Chanz said...

@ Punia : yeah..!! :)

Chanz said...

@ Mehak : feels good when u say "nice"..!! :)

Chanz said...

@ Sakshi : U bet.. :P

really wanted somebody to say that.. :D

Chanz said...

@ Sid : thank u.. I have been here all the while, but office is just keeping me busy.. :(

Chanz said...

@ Chitz : thanks girl..

@ease said...

ahaaa..!! mazra kya hai madam....bahot impress kar rahe ho aajkal..??

Chanz said...

@ @ease : hehehe... yeah... koshish to puri kar rahi hun.. :P

anjali said...

GOT THE MSG CHANZ.....hope the right person also gets it....

Shivani said...

This was so mature..
Made me uneasy.. but this is so true..

Maria said...

Beuatiful! if u still don't write such stuff professionaly, u should! get a way to publish ur stories/poems?

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

This was just so lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome gift!

Hi! I'm new to your blog and am so glad that I stopped by. Your site is really terrific! I'm your newest follower, cheers!!

The Bald Guy said...

Tagged you on my Blog.

Chanz said...

@ anjali : he already know.. :)

Chanz said...

@ shivani : errr... thanks.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Maria : well, maybe sometime later.. i dont plan to do something like that as of now..

thanks.. :)

Chanz said...

@ anything that fits a naked man : thanks for dropping by..

I am so glad, you liked it.. :)

Do keep visting.. :)

Chanz said...

@ TBG : hey, thanks... I am going to check it out.. :)

Nipun said...

Awesome work..
This was something really good Chanz.
I am so memerised..:)

Lovely h ji lovely..

Cheers

Nuts

Chanz said...

@ Nipun : Geez.. thanks.. :)