Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Long Silence

Eyes closed and my face held high, I stood under the shower
My mind took me back on the path, we once meandered,
Hand in hand, we walked with a kind of saunter
Laughing and giggling and running and kissing
"We don't care", an attitude that brought us close
The world was what seemed like a lovely place
We indeed didn't care,
About the people, and all other worldly desires
It was just you and me
You and me, it was
But life is a gamble, they all say
And Murphy was right in his own way
I don't know how it happened
But the distance between us, showed it really had happened
A few kilometers turned into thousands
And those minutes of separation turned into months
I could already sense your withdrawnness
A victim of recurrent mood swings, was what it made of you
Without any exchange of words, we still talked
A long silence took over our chirpy conversations
But I couldn't complain, for we continued to talk
I don't know how it happened
But the distance between us, showed it really had happened
Calls every minute, were reduced to one call a day
Sometimes those calls lasted less than a minute
I had so much to share and so much to talk about
I could almost see the dark cloud forming on our relationship
But deep inside I was happy 'coz you were still there with me
And then I made a mistake of asking you that night
"What is it, that is bothering you"
Questions, questions and questions, thats what you answered
My questions had been bothering you.
Hence forth, I decided to kill my questions
which, day in and day out, created a havoc in my mind
Every question was aborted, the moment it was impregnated
And our life continued without any questions.
Today, when we are still together
I can still hear the remoteness in your voice
A call a day, a few minutes of silence was what we still share
Though I will never say it you
But darling, don't stay away from me for so long
That I learn to live without you.
Eyes closed and my face held high, I was still standing under the shower
But with tears flowing down from the corner of my eyes



Disclaimer :  This is purely a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. 


PS : I had to write the disclaimer because a lot of people I know would immediately become judgmental and ask me a hundred questions. :D





28 comments:

@ease said...

left me speechless..!!
an amazing piece from ma budding poet friend.
keep writing such wonderful poems.

Swati Jain said...

Wow..Amzng ..

I think u should b a writer nw..Jus loved it..

f8hasit said...

I'm not normally a big fan of poetry (blame my high school english teacher)...but this I truly enjoyed.
Thanks for sharing it!
:-)

The Bald Guy said...

Awesome! :-)

Mehak said...

wonderful!
haha, i know what u mean about disclaimers.. i've started using them recently coz then i get a thousand irrelevant questions from ppl who confuse my fiction to be my real life! :P

Shivani said...

cool chhe..!!!

One question..... is it really fiction? :-P

Chanz said...

@ @ease : I am sure you know that this particular comment from you has made me happy like hell...

Chanz said...

@ Swati : thanks girl... thats a lot..

Chanz said...

@ f8hasit : good to see you again on my blog.. :)

Chanz said...

@ TBG : :)

Chanz said...

@ Mehak : Yeah.. I learnt that from you.. :D

Chanz said...

@ shivani : aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh...

:D

Shilpa said...

so very touching... Something in me says this can't be fiction :P

Chanz said...

@ Shilpa : thanks... i think i'll take it as a compliment..

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

speechless chandz....dil khol ke bol diya....:D

anjali said...

Everyone already told you this but I still want to tell you "Great Dear, really great..."
The act of fricition is sometimes the most real one...

Chanz said...

@ Sid : kya bol raha hai... sachi..?? :D

Chanz said...

@ anjali : thank u anjali. Thank u..

ofourse, thats true..

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

that was just too good... I could feel emotion in every word u wrote... although I dont believe in complete fiction, but since u say it is... hats off.. u put urself into the character very well... i have read quite a lot of ur stuff and this is truely the best... am gonna share this with pp I know on FB for sure... :)

A small note to all those people who feel it resembles thier lives:
Its tough to move on and accept tings are differnt now... but things in life are never meant to be the same all time. :)

Keep it going Chanz...

Cheers!
Tavish

Renu said...

But darling, don't stay away from me for so long
That I learn to live without you...beautiful lines these.

anjali said...

yes, i loved those lines too.....the best lines of the composition...

kunal said...

hey i am your fan.....please inform me when ever you write a book.....i dont know how to congratulate u...i am a follower of ur blog from today...

buckingfastard said...

wow...dat was nice!!! luvd the built up and the poetic finish!!! quite compact and finished beautifully!!!

Chanz said...

@ Tavish : well actually.. claiming it to be completely fiction is i think wrong. m sure a lot of people would be able to relate to it... infact many would...

and do u really think this one is the best... i too enjoyed writing this one the most.. I could actually feel the emotions flowing inside me..

Chanz said...

@ Renu : thanks a lot :)

Chanz said...

@ anjali : thanks :)

Chanz said...

@ kunal : ofcourse... thanks for saying that.. do keep visiting.. :)

Chanz said...

@ BF : thanks a lot :)