Thursday, May 27, 2010

its 'bout the newspaper, for a change

Yeah, it really is about the newspaper. Todays's newspaper to be more precise. Times of India, to be even more precise.

For the first time in about a few months, on reading the newspaper, I felt that it contained something positive. Something to ignite the spark. Something that is different from the usual "so and so died", "these many deaths", "he raped her", "burglary in this area", "murder in this", so on and so forth. Today was a little different.

While the results of IIT-JEE stand declared, there arose a name, Sahal Kaushik, a mere 14 year old kid who cracked the toughest exam ever. I was quite amazed at the little boy and his modesty after he hit the jackpot. I mean, its IIT-JEE for Christ sake. IIT-JEE. And he is just 14. Perhaps, atleast 3 years younger than any average students writing the exam. This is what I call news. This is what needs to be shared. I don't know why the media doesn't talk about people like Sahal more often. Why is it that the newspapers have all but these miraculous cases. I don't think that the newpapers are doing any good by publishing about the thefts, burglary, murders, accidents and the like. The only reason I can make out of all this is that it makes people more vigilant. But whats the point in scaring people. Why can't we get to read something that would make us proud.

There was another thing that caught my eye today. Nudity. Well yeah, you read that right. If you want Maradona to run naked on the field, then go ahead and cheer for Argentina in the FIFA world Cup. You never know, your favourite footballer might put up a striptease show for you. And then there is Venus Williams flaunting her rear in her corset looking tennis outfit. A corset while playing tennis? Really..??

So, all you sports lovers, glue your eyes onto the TV sets. There really is a lot of fun going on in South Africa and France.

And this is definitely not the end.

On a popular radio station, the jock had asked a question which I am putting in front of you guys.

Temme people, "Which famous person you wouldn't want to see running around naked all over the place"

Err.. yeah.. thats what I want to know..

24 comments:

Shayon said...

Hey, check out the latest post on my blog. I am sure it will strike a chord in you. (this ain't really spam :-p)
The Story of a Fellow Blogger

annum said...

HEy, that was a really interesting blog! And there are a lot of famous people I wouldn't want to see running around naked, including maradona himself.

Mehak said...

i agree with you about how we need more positive stories on our front pages everyday. As for whom I wouldn't want to see running around naked, i'd say Barack Obama - coz if i did it would totally ruin the image i have of his personality. :P

Punia said...

Boby darling

Sakshi said...

I read about that boy too. It is an amazing feat... but then somewhere (maybe coz I am dumb) I feel sorry for these lil kids, because, I always feel that a Kid, should be just that a kid. And, having fun is a part of that.
God bless the the Lil guy.

Hmmm, I don't think I am fond of watching anyone nude...

sepo said...

totally agree...!

Atul said...

... coincidently... during my training program earlier 2day, we had a discussion how can we make newspapers a more positive experience... and the best suggestion was that instead of having fixed pages for certain news... whatever good things happened should come on the front page... whether it's women's team winning some game or stock market zoomed up... the trick is if stock market crashes ... it won't be in the headline... and with 24 hour news channels we don't need the 'tragic news' on the front page... we have had enough already... let TVs blare watever they want... Newspaper should start everyday ONLY with a positive news...

Shilpa said...

Thats really news .. a 14 year old and IIT-JEE... my god unbelievable :)

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

the society does need positive boost... but u know there is sensation in sadness....:D

Renu said...

Media is only interested in..how id kasab feeling today? why Sania had to marry outside the country?

I wouldnt like to see anyone whom I respect, running naked.

Nipun said...

Hahahaha!!
That was really cool chanz..
Lolz.
Venus and corset.. hehe.
Tell me who would c venus's back..:P

I am afraid the person is Rakhi Sawant..

Cheers

Nuts

Chanz said...

@ Shayon : what happened to your post..??
It vanished..!!

Chanz said...

lol @ annum

Chanz said...

@ Mehak : well, thats quite a errrr... selective choice.. :D

Chanz said...

@ Punia : Hahaha... Very true..

Chanz said...

@ sakshi : umm.. yeah... thats a different perspective.. I wouldnt say you are wrong but when young kids do wonders, maybe you and I can not understand the amount of happiness it would have brought to their parents.. Not till we have kids..

Chanz said...

@ atul : rightly said.. I am amazed that you and I thought about it together.. :D

Chanz said...

@ Shilpa : it truly is unbelievable

Chanz said...

@ Sid : it just makes us realise the importance of happiness..

Chanz said...

@ Renu : true..

@ nipun : well, atleast I am not interested..

Tomz said...

Thats a nice and brilliant newspaper analysis..you are true, todays Journalism is obviously off the track..

Neha said...

I agree with your views on the news...that guy is such a masterpiece na? i saw that match where venus wore that corset-cum-jersey of hers!!! LOL fashion fauz pas :P

to your last question i am still thinking :-?

:)

Sorcerer said...

Yeah...that guy is a real genius!!
Venus williams!! ;)
hmmm... noone of the males anyway!

Saurabh Panshikar said...

Hey chanz its so long since I commented on your posts...

I rather not speak about the williams, coz no matter what they wear, they look errrr kinda man-ish.

About the newspapers... Even I'm fed up of reading all the sad stuff in the news everyday... Maybe its the govt's strategy to make us feel better that we are still alive and safe!