Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Envelope of darkness

Cold and dark she sat in a corner,
frightened by the little black thing
that followed her everywhere
for she had an ugly past
that couldn't be easily forgotten.
No, not because she didn't want to forget,
But because she was forced to remember
The night that changed everything.
Relationships were a thing of the past.
And now, they didn't matter to her anymore.
Her nights were spent, weeping
Still, she managed through
But what she dreaded the most
was the broad daylight that made her grieve.
The days that followed were darker than the nights
because she had to face 'em all.
The hungry eyes ogling at her curves,
made her sink deeper into her isolation.
That night could have been forgotten
if it had been someone else
Someone, she didn't know
Someone, she didn't care about
But she knew him well
He was someone, who was so dear to her
Someone, whose blood flowed in her 
Disrespect came from her own father
The man she respected the most 
And the same man gave her pain
and ofcourse,
the most unfavourable experience of sex.
She wanted her first time to be the best
In the arms of the man of her dreams 
But this made her hate it
Her dream crushed by her own father
Whose bloodshot eyes,
Pierced through her nakedness.
But the ill deed had been done
Scared she was, of the dark
And the little black thing,
Her own shadow,
That followed her everywhere

A few days back, I recalled reading a book about girl who was raped by her father. I don't remember which book it was because I read it as a kid. But since the last 2-3 days, it has been bothering me a lot. I don't know what made me immerse my thoughts into a disgraceful act like this. I really wanted to write about it here. Though I had thought of coming up with a write up on this but I found myself at a loss of words. I couldn't really understand the pain which a daughter could face in such a situation. Maybe, I never will. But my heart just leaps out whenever I think about something like this. 

30 comments:

Atul said...

... this is creepy!... i mean... eew!...

Punia said...

Lady in d pic is Jennifer aniston, put more pictures of her n Megan fox to tel ur story in depth !!!!

Chanz said...

@ atul : I swear.. it is..

Chanz said...

@ Puni : yaha main serious issue discuss ka rahi hun n tujhe mazaak sujh raha hai... :D

Mehak said...

:(

anjali said...

Disgusting but true...thats true...apart from the girl, i really dont understand how such kind of "father" justify his living, how he dont die the minute after he did that deed...

Renu said...

It reflects very badly on our society..if fathers will be like this, who will be the saviour.

Chanz said...

@ Mehak : I know.. Its sad..

Chanz said...

@ anjali : all the cases we discussed today made me really upset...

Chanz said...

@ renu : True..

Mr Happy said...

i couldn't read thw whole post...

it was ......i couldnt and i cant

sepo said...

this is gruesome yaar....!
fathers like that should be stoned to death...!!!!

Sakshi said...

Chanz, this is an ugly truth... I dunno how prevalent is it in the other places, but I surely know that in India, where everything is kept under wraps, this is a STARK reality. To understand why a man rapes.. well it is coz of lust.
But, why would a father rape his own daughter?
Is it because, he loathes her for being a girl? or what?
Killing her would be a better option.
And you know what is worse here, that the mothers know it and end up remaining quiet.
Shame.

Chanz said...

@ Mr happy : M sorry... But this is the reality..

Chanz said...

@ sepo : absolutely

Chanz said...

@ Chanz : Sometimes, the mothers keep quiet because they don't want to invite unnecessary attention. But what I do not understand is that how can that mother live with the man who raped his own blood.. disgusting..!!

chitz said...

it is a sad but true fact..can't understand the mentality of the beasts who subject their own flesh and blood through such pain and humiliation..

Chanz said...

@ Chitz : perhaps these men do not have a heart

Shas said...

It sent shivers through my spine as i thought of it. It must have been devastating for the girl. Its a sad case where the protectors turn predators :(

Shivani said...

Such men should be shot in their balls.. SHIT... this post gave me jitters chanz.

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

its shitty creepy!!!

Chanz said...

@ Shas : Its a sad case where the protectors turn predators... very true

Chanz said...

@ Shivani : :( I know..

Chanz said...

@ Sid : :(

Gauri Mathur said...

Hmmm...

Sorcerer said...

Hard truths!!
:(

nice work Chanz!!

Chanz said...

@ Gauri : welcome to my blog..

Chanz said...

@ Sorcy : thanks dude...

starry said...

This happens and it is true, we would like to think otherwise.it is really very sad and unforgivable.

Garima said...

Very well written Chanz... and I like the way you come up with serious issues these days...we as a generation have to take the responsibility to generate enough awareness to stop these kind of things...keep it up gurl!!!