Monday, March 8, 2010

Women's day; Yeah its my day..

I know this post was much expected. Specially when I have become such a feminist. Guys, dont roll your eyes, I seriously have become one. And since I am famous (or maybe infamous) for doing totally opposite of what is expected of me, I assure you that I will not dissapoint you.

Today, I will not write about what women folks are, how much they mean to the world and what you must do to make them happy. I will not even ask you to thank all the women in your life. I have already done that before. And obsiously, you know that by now.

See, the point is that men are equally important in our lives. Both men and women hold an equal place. Okay, I agree that men and women are not equal. Both are good in their respective fields. Not that men cannot do what women can and women cannot do what men can. Its just that their respective approaches are different. Both these sexes are equal and yet they are totally different. And I am glad that they are different, 'coz if they had been same, life wouldnt have been as exciting as it is now.

Men are more suited for being harsh. Their physical appearance is totally in sync with what they are born to be. They are required to protect the women folks. They have to be strong. Their muscles form easily. They have bigger bodies in terms of height, weight and shape. They enjoy roughness. They play reckless sports. They understand politics and economics better. Men are different.

On the other hand women are gentle. They understand love, relationships. They like to take care of people around them. They believe in solving problems through sweet talks. Their bodies are made soft. Their muscles take time to form. But, they have the capability of thinking about multiple topics simultaneously. Their brains are more developed. Well actually, I read somewhere that women use both the left and the right side of the brain, something which men can't do. So women are also different.

But when they are together, life becomes so much more interesting. Its amazing that together men and women can come up with what is called the greatest creations of God. This world would have ceased to exist if Adam and Eve had not made their separate bodies come together as one. The moments of extreme pleasure which the two sexes spend together and unite as one, is nothing but the purest form of love which can ever exist. You cannot creat sperms in a laboratory, nor can u create eggs. You need a man and a woman to do so. Science may have advanced many folds but it still needs a man's sperms and a woman's eggs to carry out the scientific reproduction.

We celebrate men's day and women's day both. I remember that I thanked all the men in my life on International men's Day in one of my posts, (Click here to read). Both the sexes need to be appreciated, not just on one single occasion but every single day, for it is the combined action of both of them that we continue to live.

Okay, now that I have taken a neutral stand, I cannot control myself from talking about women (see, I told you that I have become a feminist). So, read this excerpt from Maya Angelou's poem Phenomenal Women

It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
                                                - Maya Angelou


Now, time to confess. I really did not know what to write on Women's Day today. But as I started writing, the emotions flowed. And I am not reading my post because I don't want to edit anything. I just want it to be the way it all come to my mind. I hope you had a nice read.

Maybe I am not such a feminist after all. :D

By the way, please feel free to send me women's day greetings and ofcourse fresh flowers. See, I dont really want to burden you to choose between all those lovely flowers. So to ease your difficulty, ummm.. I love carnations. And lilies too.

Have a wonderful day, women.

And men too.

30 comments:

The Bald Guy said...

You're very special Chanz.

Today, tomorrow and everyday.

Happy Women's Day!

Atul said...

"Its everyday that you feel special & glorified as a woman, but its just one day that the world acknowledges it, so celebrate it to the fullest!"

... Enjoy... Have Fun... and Take Care...

Jon said...

Well i don't want to sound rude...but the post has too many cliches...

I guess you weren't better prepared for the post(topic)...

One thing i would totally oppose is the statement 'sex is purest form of love'... Can you clarify?

Chanz said...

@ Ramit : Heeeee... thanks.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Atul : Exactly.. One day is not enough for us.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Jon : Well, maybe I didnt do justice to the topic.. n thats the reason why I didnt read my post.. It is just what was going in my mind and I will not give excuses for why I wrote this and that..

But I never said that sex is the purest form of love.. Read again.. Sex can never be pure..

Jon said...

The term 'unite as one' gave me the impression and the subsequent mention of sperm and ova...

Sorry if i misunderstood

Chanz said...

Thats ok.. Its just that the mere mention of these generally brings sex to our mind.. Not your fault.. :)

sepo said...

hey dear happy women's day :)
rok on

Chanz said...

@ Sepo : Thank girl.. N same to u..

Sorcerer said...

your post always have some message..
nice..and loved it

Happy woman's day!

Chanz said...

Hey sorcy..

When such a compliment comes from a person who writes amazing blogs, its feels really good.. :)

Amrit said...

Happy Women's Day with carnations and lilies :)

Garima said...

Hope you are enjoying your day....Happy Women's Day to you.

Cheers!!!

Chanz said...

@ Amrit : Thanks.. :) thats a lovely gift.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Garima : Sadly, its just another day.. If only it had been a sunday.. (Sigh)

Hope your day is different than mine.. Atleast it should be exciting..

Debosmita said...

Thanks for dropping by in my blog :-) I totally agree with the emotions expressions in your post - men and women are both equally special and together they make life so much more interesting :-) I, too am a feminist, but I don't believe women are superior or equal to men; I believe they are different :-)
Kudos to womanhood!

and happy women's day to you :-)

vandy said...

happy women's day

Chanz said...

@ Debosmita : Great.. :)

Happy women's day to u too..

Chanz said...

@ Vandy : Happy women's day

supriya said...

hey chanz really a nice read..!! and i really appreciate the way you put forward this day..!! applause..!!! happy women's day...!

Siddhesh 'Ravan' Kabe said...

its good to be a feminist...after all God is a woman...:D

Happy womans day...belated I should say now, par as its night here...please adjust.

Chanz said...

@ Supriya : Thanks sweety.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Sid : Whatt..?? God is a woman..?? What are u saying.. Ram, Krishan, Hanuman, Sai baba, Guru Nanak.. All of then are men.. Atleast all the famous gods.. :(

Renu said...

You are not feminist because you are better than them...very balanced view ...hope you ramain so forever..

Chanz said...

@ Renu : Heeeeeee.. thanks a lot for saying that. I feel so good.. :)

chitz said...

happy women's day dearie...wht wud the world b widout us??..:D

Golden Vulture said...

heyy happy women's day to you too buddy ... :)
keep writing your heart out :) .. its good ..

Chanz said...

@ Chitz : Thanks girl.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Ankit : Hee. thanks.. :)