Wednesday, February 24, 2010

City Beautiful

A few days back, I had gone to Chandigarh. Though the trip was merely a trip 'coz I went for work. Well actually my friend @ease was going and I had accompanied him. I know I can be a chipkoo at times. But But But. I had an awesome time there. I mean seriously. Though it wasnt the first time I had gone to Chandigarh but yes, there is hardly anything I remembered of it coz I went there as a kid. But trust me, I am in love with that city. I mean it is so bloddy planned that I got a complex for being so opposite. Seriously.


According to a friend, Chandigarh is planned according to Mohenjodaro of ancient India. Though I have very little knowledge on this but whatever I had read in my history books in school, Mohenjodaro was one of the most planned cities of all times. The layout of the streets, the patterns, houses made of sun dried bricks, the drainage system. Everything. And so is the case with Chandigarh. I was surprised to see that all the buildings had the same patterns, the same colour, the same height. And it all looked so beautiful.



Anyway, we had gone to sector 17 (which is more than CP of Delhi) and I saw this.


Reva. A police car..!! Ofcourse, Chandigarh going Hi-tech..

I was zapped. I mean, Reva. For God's sake it was Reva. Where do you see Reva being used by Police. (Ofcourse I made a fool out of myself clicking photographs in front of the police standing right there). Hell no. The only car that comes in my mind when I think of a poilce car is Gypsy. But It was Reva. Where (and how) in the world do they charge the car.

Nevertheless, I loved that city. And the courteous inhabitants won my heart.

18 comments:

The Bald Guy said...

How exactly do you catch a criminal in a Reva?

The Bald Guy said...

But it is indeed a pretty city. I like it too.

Sirisha said...

It is as easy to charge as a mobile phone...the REVA car. Just plug it in (a 15 A socket, the one you use for the geyser?) for a few hours and lo its ready to run again...

supriya said...

seems like i should visit it once in my life atleast...!! and standing applause for reva...!! :)

Chanz said...

@ The Bald Guy : Exactly my question... and incase you catch him, where does he sit...

Chanz said...

@ Sirisha : Is it really that easy..?? But with the police doing a lot of running around how do they spare those few hours... :P

Btw welcome to my blog.. :)

Chanz said...

@ Supriya : Lol... you must definitely go there.. It a lovely city..

Sakshi said...

It is a beautiful city. I have relatives there... :)

Chanz said...

it surely is .. :)

chitz said...

aah chandigarh..been thre for smtime n miss tht place..the city is beautiful n the food is too good..i had the best cholay bhatura i eve had in my life frm there.. :)

bt i never gota c policemen in a reva..:)

Chanz said...

@ Chitz : LOL... Reva was parked right in the middle of the market.. Must be a new thing out there..

I had lovely paranthas there... that too for breakfast.. You dont get such paranthas in delhi...

Atul said...

... how many policemen can fit in that thing in the first place? ... and i guess they will be better off in their chase if they simply run ... anyways... cheers for the innovation... :)

Chanz said...

@ Atul : hahaha... Absolutely... I have no idea why was a Reva parked there.. maybe it was just kept for people to look at it and laugh.. :P

Atul said...

... and unlike some other police forces... they really mean what they say... "They Care" ... (for the environment atleast!)

Chanz said...

Lol.. u bet..

comfortablynam said...

I love that city..love love..

As for the Riva..it's probably for 17 only..who knows..

Did you know Chandigarh police were the ones who made Gypsy the quintessential police car. Before that it use to be Mahindra and Mahindra Jeeps as seen in old Hindi movies

Chanz said...

@ comfortablynam : Oh.. I didnt know that. And I dont even remember seeing Mahindra jeeps in the old movies. Maybe I have not seen too many of themm..

@ease said...

@chanz: u shud also thank Ms Neeru who accompanied us in our trip and made it possible for u. :P