Monday, December 7, 2009

Friends, who are not just friends

It was a cold winter evening. She stood in the balcony of her apartment on the 7th floor. With a mug in her hand, she silently took a sip of her coffee. It didn't taste too good. The coffee was not as strong as she was used to. A coffee addict that she was, she walked towards the kitchen and very silently she took out the coffee jar from the cabinet which stood about half a feet above her 5'2" frame. She let out a small laugh as she compared herself with her best friend who was much taller than her. That gave her a heart ache. Thinking about her best friend made her upset. She quickly brewed another mug of coffee and walked back to the balcony. Her eyes followed the long road which was bustling with cars. Her gaze reached uptil the horizon. Until she could see no further. And then a tear rolled down her cheek. She wiped it off with the back of her hand and sipped her coffee. Though there was no one at home, she still did not want to cry. She did not want to look weak. Not in her own eyes. Fighting her own tears, she stood in the balcony and continued to stare at the world moving fast in front of her...





No one can live a life in isolation. Everybody has a family. A family, which really cares about you. A family for which you care about. Then there are friends around you to make you laugh, to make you happy, to bring a smile on your face. Also there are some dearer friends that make your life special. They are the ones who wipe your tears during those ugly times. They are the ones who hold your hand and walk you out of trouble. They are the ones whom you want to help. Not only that, you know that you too will stand for them. But when the people in this category hurt you, then you are left too dumbfounded to come out of it. It is still easy to forget the misery when a so-so friend hurts you.  You can still forgive your partner when they betray you. But it isn't easy to forget the heartache which a best friend gives you. A best friend, with whom you share everything. Every damn thing, for God's sake. And if that friend hurts you. It leaves you shattered.

If best friends are really so important in our lives then why do we have to lie to them.
If best friends really know everything about your life, then why are they deprived of another secret.
If best friends can really take you out of trouble then why can't we trust them completely.
If best friends wipe your tears, then why are they the ones to make you cry the most.

This is my story

And that girl in the balcony.. Sadly, that was me...






17 comments:

anjugandhi said...

very heart touching post and some thinkable points.
friends and family both have their place in our life.we cannot do without them.and they are the ones who hurt us the most with their behavour, comments and attitude
and we have to learn to live with that.
just don't be sad, let things taket their own good time and every thing will fall in place
come out of this mood and smile

Ramit said...

Anju ji said it all very perfectly.
I would like to add that you should try to make an effort to call up your friend once and try to make things up.

Good buddies are hard to find.

I'm hoping your said best friend reads this somehow and calls you herself.

Chandni.. said...

:) thanks anju for encouraging me... I know it hurts but you right, I have to learn to live with it...

And Ramit. Sadly my friend does not have access to internet these days. So she may not read this. Infact she doesn't even want to talk to me for no fault of mine.. :(

punia said...

i thought, i was ur best frnd... :-P , oh god, wht shud i do now after knowing dis bitter truth, i need sum coffee n sum nicotine.
Chil mar, evrythin wil fal into ryt place, dont push urself n giv sum space 2 evry1 includin urself.....

Renu said...

In our life only those people hurt us whom we love the most, because our love for them gives them this power.

Dont know exactly what happened, may be there is a misunderstanding and if that person hurt you knowingly , then you are better off without such people, she wasnt your friend really.

Just chill..sometimes everything falls in its place after some time, tomorrow you will feel as if nothing happened.
wish that everything is fine till tomorrow, till then chill.

Chandni.. said...

Haha Punia.. Dont be hurt..best... And now you must buy me diamond earings to bribe me... And if you do then I will leave all my best friends.. and make you ma bestest friend... lol...

Chandni.. said...

@ Renu : and this girl is one of those whom I really love a lot. No wonder she is trying her best to hurt me. The truth is that she is making a wrong decision. And I dont want to leave her side.. Not in her bad times... Thats why I feel hopeless... Coz I want to help and she doesnt want ma help. My conscience doesnt allow me to leave her.. yet she wantes me to go away... :(

I hope everything gets back on the track... The sooner, the better...

Need your wishes people...

quirkfit said...

Hi Chandni, tot got you in that 'been there, done that' kinda way. Happens with friendship. N you seem like a great friend, trying to be there for her inspite of the hurt. Herez wishing everything turns out great :)

vicky said...

simply amazing!!

Renu said...

Just give her time, she will come back.
Dont worry too much, she is an adult, you have done your best to save her, now let her take decisions, and support her as a friend..we can never decide anything for others..good or bad, we can only advise, and that you have done, but if she still wants to go with her decision, let her be.may be now support her, thats what friends are there for to be there in thick and thin...otherwise to her it will look like...you are with her only if she does as you advice.

Chandni.. said...

@ quirkfit : Welcome to my blog girl.. Thanks for saying that. If you really think I am a good friend then I know my friend is going to come back. You gave me the confidence.. Thanks honey...

Cheers

And do keep visiting..

Chandni.. said...

@ vicky : Thanks yaa.. But temme, whats amazing..?? The post..?? or loosing my best friend..?? I am going to kill you if you say the latter even if it is a joke... Love my friend a lot...

Chandni.. said...

@ Renu : Hmmm.. I know that. I know its all true but still I dont have the heart to leave her. I dont want her to learn a lesson the hard way.. Specially when I am there to tell her...

Renu said...

Chanz your reply makes me smile:) because the same thing parents think about children, but they find it interferring.

Chandni.. said...

I know what you mean. Even I dont like when my parents interfere.. But that happens everywhere there is love. And i just love my best friend as my li'l sister..

anjali said...

ab samajh mein aaya ap kyun bimar hai... by the way plz clarify-- do you treat ALL YOUR BEST Friends as brother and sisters???

Chandni.. said...

Hehehe... Yeah... well actually, all my best friends are girls.. So I have just sisters..