Thursday, December 17, 2009

BEWARE.. Dont lend happiness

Whoever said that happiness comes in a complete package is terribly wrong. And the person who said that happiness comes to those who are lucky, must be ignorant of what happiness is. Well, I guess that happiness comes to those who are unlucky. I am a lucky girl, thats what everybody says. But happiness doesnt come so easily.

Oflate, I have noticed that no matter what I do to make others happy, it backfires and leaves me upset. I try to make one person happy, inturn I end up making the other person sad. This is not something new that is happening. But its been going on since forever..

There is a marriage counselor i know. She is just an aquaintance. I came to know that she had an awful marriage. Her husband used to beat her up. Her in-laws were against her. Her marriage ended in a divorce. And she is now a marriage counselor.

Then there are the reiki healers. They are supposed to give you peace of mind by instilling positive energy in you. They are the ones who take the negative energy out of you. Thats what everybody knows about them. But the reality is that they have to face the turmoil of that negativity, all alone. Mental instability is what they get after providing stability to others.

The astrologers (who are considered to be frauds by most people). They tell you (or rather warn you) about all the bad things that could possibly hapen to you and thereby tell you ways to minimise the effects of the so called 'bad phase'. But have you ever wondered why they cannot predict anything about themselves correctly.

The point I want to make here is that those who lend happiness to others, they tend to be the most unhappy of the lot.

Lets, for a minute, forget all these professional counselors, reiki masters, astrologers, and even the doctors and the like. Lets just concentrate on our own selves. In our daily lives. That happens with everybody. I think so. And I am not different. Or maybe I am 'coz people keep telling me that I am quite different. I call myself lucky. Lucky without any happiness. Lucky. Thats what I am.

You know what.. (Actually I had promised myself that I will keep this post general and not talk about my sorrows but I just can't control and I don't want the flow of my feelings to break). Back to the point, I was telling you about my unhappiness. Well, no matter how much I try to make the others happy, I always leave one or the other person sad. And that one person makes my life hell in making me realise that the happiness that I so wishfully imparted was a wrong decision. And when I do something good to make up for the one who unknowingly became a victim of my happiness-turned-sour, it makes a third person sad. And the vicious cycle continues. And I am the one who suffers the assault.

But then life goes on. We keep walking down the lane hoping that i will be happy and the people around m will be happy with what I do for them.

Hopefully..

(Sigh)

13 comments:

Punia said...

Be a little diplomatic while dealing with friends....dont let dem feel dat u r partial 2 ny1.....or else hide ur partiality... :-P

Chanz said...

hehehe... yeah i know... I think i'll hide it all.. :P

Ankit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ankit said...

Just believe in urself.. hve faith in all ur words, deeds nd activities.. nd then.. everything else would automatically be rightly placed.. irrespective of whatever anyone thinks..

chitz said...

hey i just got a chance to read 2 of ur posts today..n by the looks of it you seem quite down..

i just have to say that"cheer up girl,everything will be fine"...

n remember "happiness is always a choice"...

anjugandhi said...

reading your post seems like you are penning down my story.
even with me i try to make every one happy but in the end no one is happy
but every one has their own definition of happiness. so each one to their own.
and we cannot make every one happy
what matters is we should feel happy after doing some thing.

Renu said...

Even god couldnt keep everyone happy..so dont worry, people are not unhappy because of someting you did, this is their style, destiny whatever.

Whenevr i have a conflict, I let the righteousness decide fro me..do what is right and leave the rest to God, and everything will ultimately will come out fine.

Chanz said...

@ Ankit : I know that needs to be done. I belive in myself but if others dont belive in me then that becomes a problem...

Chanz said...

@ Chitz : Thanks sweety. I am feeling quite low. But I cant really help it. Maybe i'll just let it pass. And let time heal the wounds...

Chanz said...

anju : you know what happens. I am happy after I do something for somebody, but the other person makes me sad. I am the kind of girl who loves to do things for others. Never do I think about myself. And I know that is my problem. I should be a little selfish..

Chanz said...

@ Renu : Hmm... Lets see what happens. Time is again the biggest healer. And the best too.. I think i'll wait...

workhard said...

It happens with me all the time.. the more you try to get things right. the more messed up they become.. i have noticed that wid me too so my philosophy.. just dont try too hard to please anyone.. they should just be happy the way you are...



Work from home India

Sharon said...

Hi,
My name is Sharon Vergis and I am the assistant editor of counselor.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a relationship with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Counselor.org is a purely informational site dedicated to the general Public.

I hope you show some interest in building relationship, please contact me at sharon.counselor.org@gmail.com.